Are you looking for an easy way to ship your cargo to Peru? Choose the best freight forwarder to transport your goods to Peru safely and on time.
Choose the best freight forwarder to transport your goods to Peru safely and on time.
There are many elements to consider when shipping to a country such as Peru.
If you are in Canada or the US and not entirely familiar with the Latin American market, you should consider a cargo shipping company that knows the business culture, the language, the customs regulations and has a proven track record of success when it comes to shipping to Peru.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT IN PERU?
Regulations in Peru are not only very different from the ones in the US or Canada, communication methods and business etiquette are also very distinct:
● Corporate culture in Peru is relationship-driven. Peruvians are proud people of their Inka heritage. They value trust, honor & camaraderie. In Peru, people attach great importance to developing personal relationships rather than formal business connections which is the norm in the US or Canada. Therefore, it is important to develop easy going business “friendships”, as Peruvians tend to be cautious in business interactions to avoid being taken advantage of or cheated. Peruvians may be more loyal to you personally rather than to the company you represent. Third-party contacts are also a key to business success in Peru. An established person vouching for you and presenting your company will help you gain trust in the market.
● Flexibility and spontaneity are also common traits of Peruvians. In Peru, there is a less strict sense of time than in US and Canada.
● It is also important to consider the language as a possible barrier. Although most highly-educated business executives speak English fluently, the average person speaks only Spanish.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT PERU (2018)
- Capital: Lima
- Other Large Cities: Arequipa, Trujillo, Chiclayo, Piura, Huancayo, Iquitos, Cuzco, Chimbote, Tacna
- Population: 31,989,256 (Urban Population: 77.9%)
- Official languages: Spanish
- Time Zone : GMT - 5
- Currency: Peruvian Nuevo Sol (PEN)
ECONOMIC SNAPSHOT (Source: IMF - World Bank, 2018)
- GDP: 225.37 billion USD (GDP Growth: 4.0% / GDP per capita: 7,007 USD)
- Inflation Rate: 1.3%
- Unemployment Rate: 6.4%
- Total Imports of Goods: 43,26 billion USD
- FDI Inward Flow: 6.49 billion USD (2,9% of GDP)
- Ease of Doing Business Score (2019) : 68th / 190
WHY DOING BUSINESS WITH PERU IS THE RIGHT DECISION
Peru has been the fastest growing economy in Latin America since 2011, with the lowest inflation rate. It offers a unique and dynamic background for companies looking to expand internationally.
Its recent economic growth has been fueled by macroeconomic stability, improved terms of trade, rising investment and consumption. The country has emerged as a strong economy in the region, thanks to its natural resources. Peru offers opportunities for exporters across a wide range of sectors such as mining, manufacturing, transportation infrastructures, construction, and healthcare.
Business is expected to continue growing as a result of the free trade agreements signed with the USA and the European Union. Its commitment to free trade makes Peru one of the most accessible markets in South America. Peru’s major trade partners are the USA, China, Brazil, Mexico and Chile.
Over the last decades, Peruvian growing middle class has been offering promising opportunities to US & Canada exporters of high quality products such as technology equipment or pharmaceuticals and medical material.
The need for shipping to and from Peru has been increasing exponentially during recent years. With LAC by your side you will reinforce your company’s cargo shipping capability to Peru
Our experienced professionals are very familiar with the market requirements in Peru which is very important to avoid delays during the importation process. We provide you with all the necessary tools to break into the Peruvian market, headache free.
PERU TRADE OVERVIEW
- MAIN IMPORTS: Petroleum, Vehicles & Parts, Telecommunication Equipment, Specialized Machinery, Cereals, Electronics, Medicaments
- MAIN EXPORTS: Copper, Gold, Petroleum, Zinc, Fish & Crustacean Products, Ores, Fruits
- INDUSTRIES WITH STRONG BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES: Mining, Infrastructure & Construction, Medical Equipment, Oil & Gas, Consumer Goods, Textile, Apparel, Agriculture
- PRINCIPAL TRADING PARTNERS: China, USA, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, India, South Korea, Japan, Europe (Switzerland, Spain, Netherlands, Germany), Ecuador, Colombia, Argentina