Looking for an easy way to ship your cargo to Argentina? Choose the best freight forwarder to transport your goods to Argentina safely and on time.
Exporting goods to Argentina, whether it is for the first time, or on a regular basis, can be a challenging experience.
There are many elements to consider when shipping to a country such as Argentina.
If you are in Canada or the US and not entirely familiar with the Latin American market, you should consider a cargo shipping company that knows the business culture, the language, the customs regulations and has a proven track record of success when it comes to shipping to Argentina.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT IN ARGENTINA?
Regulations in Argentina are not only very different from the ones in the US or Canada, communication methods and business etiquette are also very distinct:
● Corporate culture in Argentina is relationship-driven. Argentines value trust, honor & camaraderie. They attach great importance to developing personal relationships rather than formal business connections which is the norm in the US or Canada. Therefore, it is important to develop easy going business “friendships” as Argentines may be more loyal to you personally rather than to the company you represent.
● Flexibility and spontaneity are also common traits of Argentinians although in Argentina, punctuality is more valued than in other South American countries.
It is also important to consider the language as a possible barrier: Although some English is spoken by the highly-educated business executives, the average person speaks only Spanish.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT ARGENTINA (2018)
- Capital: Buenos Aires
- Other Large Cities: Cordoba, Rosario, Mendoza, Tucuman, La Plata, Mar del Plata
- Population: 44,494,502 (Urban Population: 91.9%)
- Official Language: Spanish
- Time Zone : GMT - 3
- Currency: Peso (ARS)
ECONOMIC SNAPSHOT ( Source: IMF - World Bank, 2018)
- GDP: 519.49 billion USD (GDP Growth: -2,5 % / GDP per capita: 11,658 USD)
- Inflation Rate: 34.3%
- Unemployment Rate: 9.2%
- Total Imports of Goods: 65.44 billion USD
- FDI Inward Flow: 2.28 billions USD (2,3% of GDP)
- Ease of Doing Business Score (2019): 126th / 190
WHY DOING BUSINESS WITH ARGENTINA IS THE RIGHT DECISION
Although Argentina has a long history of economic fluctuations, it is an ideal market for those businesses that are looking to expand internationally. Its vast agricultural and mineral resources are full of opportunities and a great choice for newcomers. There are also market openings for consuming goods. Argentina is South America’s second-largest economy, with a reviving growth policy centered on boosting domestic consumption and controlling inflation.
As a result, the need for shipping to and from Argentina has been increasing more and more every day. With LAC by your side, you will reinforce your company’s cargo shipping capability to Argentina.
Our experienced professionals are very familiar with the market requirements in Argentina which is very important to avoid delays during the importation process. We provide you with all the necessary tools to break into the Argentinean market, headache free.
ARGENTINA TRADE OVERVIEW
- MAIN IMPORTS: Vehicles and parts, machinery, electrical equipment, mineral fuels, plastics, pharmaceuticals, organic chemicals, medical equipment, iron, steel.
- MAIN EXPORTS: Soya beans & oil, Cereals, Transportation Motor vehicles, Gold, Petroleum oils, Crustaceans, Bovine Meat.
- INDUSTRIES WITH STRONG BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES: Agriculture, Mining, Oil & Gas, Rail & Transportation, Healthcare.
- PRINCIPAL TRADING PARTNERS: Brazil, USA, China, Chile, Vietnam, Algeria, India, Canada, Europe (Netherlands, Spain, Germany, Italy), Paraguay, Mexico, Bolivia, Thailand.