Reliable & Efficient Container Transportation Services
When it comes to transporting commercial goods, personal effects, vehicles or heavy loads from one country to another, ocean freight container is the most reliable and cost-effective method.
We offer the most competitive container shipping rates in the market to help importers & exporters transport their cargo worldwide.
Our team of professionals will attend to all your international container shipping needs.
FULL CONTAINER LOAD - FCL SHIPPING
Full Container Load (FCL) is the safest method to ship your cargo. Filling a complete ocean container with your merchandise, gives you exclusive access and more control over the packing and security of your cargo.
Our FCL shipping service division can accommodate any type and size of standard container or specialized transportation to handle your need: 20 ft, 40 ft, 40 hc, refrigerated / reefer, flat rack, open top, etc.
Our experts will work with you to determine which size and type of container is the best for your specific needs. LAC strives hard to always find the solution that best suits your company’s requirements in terms of container type, shipping cost, routing, and transit times.
When to choose FCL shipping?
Full Container Load allows you to easily ship any type of commercial products, perishable commodities, household goods, heavy-lift equipment, vehicles and all other types of palletized & crated cargo.
Many shippers choose FCL over LCL regardless if their cargo fills up the entire container, for several reasons:
- SHIPPING VOLUME: If your cargo exceeds 10 CBM, the LCL pricing method may result in more shipping expense, making FCL shipping the ideal solution.
- CARGO SECURITY: FCL shipping reduces the risk of damage of your merchandise, having exclusive use of your own container avoids that your cargo is handled by a third party.
- URGENT SHIPPING: When using our Full Container Load solutions you are not subject to the departure schedules of an LCL shipping service which sometimes could be only bi-weekly or even monthly. As well, our FCL shipping service offers many more destinations than most LCL shipping services offer.
LESS THAN CONTAINER LOAD - LCL SHIPPING
If you do not have enough cargo to fill an entire 20ft or 40ft ocean container, Less than a Container Load (LCL) is the way to go.
LCL freight is the cheapest way to ship loose cargo. By sharing space with other customers that are also shipping to the same destination, you will be able to ship smaller volumes of cargo at more affordable rate, while still having visibility and control over your cargo.
We offer ocean consolidations with excellent transit times and competitive LCL shipping rates to every possible destination in Latin America and the rest of the world.
When to choose LCL shipping?
- CONTAINER SHIPPING RATES & COST: Container vessels are capable of handling huge amounts of weight. Cargo volume in cubic meters is primarily used to calculate the costs of a LCL shipment. However there is a maximum weight allowed per every cubic meter being shipped. If the cargo exceeds the maximum weight allowed per cubic meter, then the rate applicable is based on the weight.
- SHIPPING VOLUME: The more space your shipment will occupy in an ocean container, the more you will pay. Therefore, reducing the volume of your LCL shipment will help you minimize shipping costs. If your cargo is heavy and it does not have too much volume, then LCL shipping may be the right solution for you.
- CARGO SAFETY RISKS: LCL freight requires more handling of your cargo which can increase the chances of damage or loss during transport. Therefore, adequate shipping packaging and additional cargo insurance is always recommendable.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE LATIN AMERICAN CARGO TO SHIP YOUR FREIGHT?
Latin American Cargo has been providing specialized cargo shipping services and freight solutions to a variety of industries for over 20 years.
Thanks to our expertise in freight forwarding and our vast network of ocean carriers, we are able to offer international container shipping services to exporters and importers currently transporting cargo to and from North America, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Our company’s success comes from an unmatched familiarity with these local markets, our specialized approach and our deep understanding of customs laws & regulations. Every member of the Latin American Cargo team is dedicated to ensuring the seamless and safe transportation of our customers’ freight with one mission in mind: "To serve you in ways no other logistics company has ever done before".
We provide reliable, cost-efficient international transportation solutions to suit your needs, your budget and to build a successful, long-term relationship whether you are a retailer, an importer, an exporter, a manufacturer or a wholesaler.
When it comes to getting the job done, Latin American Cargo is the partner to choose!